There are at least five companies’ shares that are worth watching on Wednesday. They are: Alphabet Inc (NASDAQ:GOOGL), Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc. (NASDAQ:RRGB), Urban Outfitters, Inc. (NASDAQ:URBN), Acxiom Corporation (NASDAQ:ACXM) and Jack in the Box Inc. (NASDAQ:JACK).
- Alphabet Inc (NASDAQ:GOOGL) is reportedly preview its next-generation virtual reality handset during the upcoming I/O developer conference. According to a report in Variety, the latest product could be a stand-alone featuring inside-out positional tracking that does not require any external cameras, as well as, sensors. The new device would not be in the same league of Daydream that was brought into public view last year. Daydream View headset relies on an inserted Google phone and the company has assembled other pieces since last year. This included Tango augmented reality platform.
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc. (NASDAQ:RRGB) reported earnings of 89 cents a share for the first quarter that is ahead of expectations of 57 cents. Its revenue of $418.6 million, which grew 4.1 percent from the year-ago period, also came in above estimates of $416.25 million. Comparable restaurant revenue fell 1.2 percent. Moving ahead, the company expects adjusted EPS to be $2.80 – $3.10 for fiscal year 2017 that is well ahead of the Street analysts’ predictions of $2.76 a share. Following this, the stock surged 16.29 percent in extended hours trading on Tuesday and the trend could continue Wednesday too.
- Urban Outfitters, Inc. (NASDAQ:URBN) delivered earnings of 10 cents a share for the first quarter missing estimates of 16 cents a share. Its EPS included charges of five cents that impacted unfavorably. Similarly, its revenue of $761 million fell shy of expectations of $769.81 million. Its comparable retail sales by brand in Urban Outfitters fell 3.1 percent while Anthropologie Group recorded 4.4 percent drop. Despite disappointing numbers, the stock managed to main 1.66 percent in extended hours trading on Tuesday following the 2.34 percent fall in regular market hours.
- Acxiom Corporation (NASDAQ:ACXM) revealed an EPS of 15 cents for the fourth quarter, which is in line with the expectations. However, its revenue of $224.87 million exceeded estimates of $222.36 million. Looking ahead, the company sees its EPS to be 80 cents on revenue of about $945 million for the fiscal year 2018 while analysts look for an EPS of 86 cents and revenue of $944.65 million. Following this, the stock dropped 8.01 percent in extended hours trading on Tuesday.
- Jack in the Box Inc. (NASDAQ:JACK) reported earnings of 98 cents a share that exceeded estimates of 91 cents. Revenue grew 2.3 percent to $369.39 million and came in line with the expectations of $369.33 million. Its same store sales fell 0.8 percent. Moving ahead, the company sees its operating EPS to be $4.10 – $4.30 for the fiscal year 2017 while analysts look for an EPS of $4.35. The company expects same store sales to grow one percent in its system restaurants while Odoba company restaurants’ same store sales are predicted to drop 1 – 2 percent. Following this, the stock jumped 11.2 percent in after-hours trading on Tuesday.