Ten Most Active Shares in Pre-Market Trading on Nasdaq On January 9 As Other Markets Remain Muted
As investors are expecting the Dow Jones Industrial Averages to cross the psychological 20,000 mark level, there are ten stocks that are most active in the Nasdaq on January 9.
The following are the ten stocks:
- The Medicines Company (NASDAQ:MDCO) advanced 5.01 percent
- Amgen, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN) gained 4.51 percent
- VelocityShares Daily Inverserse VIX Short Term ETN (NASDAQ:XIV) added 1.08 percent
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) edged up by 0.15 percent
- PowerShares QQQ Trust, Series 1 (NASDAQ:QQQ) added 0.09 percent
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:REGN) plunged 5.36 percent
- VelocityShares Daily 2x VIX Short Term ETN (NASDAQ:TVIX) dropped 2.06 percent
- Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OREX) shed 0.79 percent
- iShares 20+ Year Treasury Bond ETF (NASDAQ:TLT) fell 0.70 percent
- Vodafone Group Plc (NASDAQ:VOD) shed 0.42 percent
There is nothing much from the corporate to boost investors sentiments. Similarly, there is no encouraging news from either the Asian or the European markets. Therefore, it remains to be seen whether the Dow Jones Industrial Averages will cross the 20,000 mark on Monday.