There are at least four stocks to be watched on Friday for intraday trading. These included WebMD Health Corp. (NASDAQ:WBMD), Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), TrueCar Inc (NASDAQ:TRUE), and Arista Networks Inc (NYSE:ANET). These apart, there are few companies that lined up to announce their earnings results that are worth watching. These included Campbell Soup Company (NYSE:CPB), Deere & Co. (NYSE:DE), and J M Smucker Co (NYSE:SJM).
- TrueCar Inc (NASDAQ:TRUE): This is one of the stocks to be watched closely on Friday. The company incurred an adjusted loss per share of one cent in the fourth quarter, which was narrower than the Street analysts’ expectations of a loss per share of five cents. Its revenue, which increased 17 percent from the previous year to $74.1 million, was also above the analysts’ predictions of $71.31 million. Moving ahead, TrueCar expects to achieve revenue of $71 – $72 million in the first quarter, which is ahead of analysts’ estimate of $69.86 million. Similarly, for the full year of 2017, the company sees revenue of $315 – $320 million while Street is looking for $308.54 million revenue. Following the beat results and upbeat outlook, the stock could attract investors.
- WebMD Health Corp. (NASDAQ:WBMD): There are at least two key developments. One is about exploring strategic options, which included sale, and the other is its earnings report. The company reported earnings of 73 cents a share for the fourth quarter that topped analysts’ expectations by seven cents. Its revenue, which advanced 8 percent to $207.5 million, also came in above the Street expectations of $206.99 million. Going forward, WebMD guided earnings between $1.97 and $2.10 a share on revenue of $710 – $730 million for full year 2017. Street analysts are looking for an EPS of $1.99 on revenue of $742.93 million. Following this, the stock could invite investors attention.
- Arista Networks Inc (NYSE:ANET): The company disclosed profit per share of $1.04 that way well ahead of Street estimates of 82 cents a share for the fourth quarter. Similarly, the top line, which reached $328 million, was also above the Street expectations of $315.19 million. For the first quarter, the company is looking to deliver revenue of $320 – $330 million, which is well ahead of Street predictions of $304.79 million.
- Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK): A report indicated that one of its Alzheimer’s trial drug was forced to be stopped following a setback in one trial. However, the company indicated it would continue a fresh study in patients that does not demonstrate any symptoms. The stock is worth watching on Friday.
- Campbell Soup Company (NYSE:CPB) will release its results before the regular market opens. Market expects EPS of 88 cents.
- Deere & Co. (NYSE:DE) will disclose its quarterly numbers before the bell. Analysts see the company reporting earnings of 53 cents a share.
- Moody’s Corporation (NYSE:MCO) is scheduled to reveal its financial results before the market opens. Analysts expect the company to report an EPS of $1.24.
- J M Smucker Co (NYSE:SJM) is planning to announce its three-month performance on Friday before the bell. Street is looking for an EPS of $2.00.