There are at least five companies shares that are worth watching on Monday. That included Tesla Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA), Cytori Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:CYTX), Wells Fargo & Co. (NYSE:WFC), Swift Transportation Co (NYSE:SWFT) and Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX).
- Tesla Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) is reportedly considering plans to launch a whole-owned plant in China. An announcement to this effect could be in the current year. However, it is not clear whether the Chinese government will allow a wholly owned plant by a foreign company if it does not have a joint venture with the domestic firm.
- Cytori Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:CYTX) stock is surging in the pre-market trading on Monday after the company revealed that the FDA has given its approval for its Investigational Device Exemption for a pilot clinical study to assess its cell therapy in patients suffering from thermal burn injury. The company named the study as RELIEF, which will evaluate the feasibility and safety of intravenous delivery of its Cell Therapy. The regulator has approved to enroll a maximum of 30 patients.
- Wells Fargo & Co (NYSE:WFC) disclosed independent directors investigation of sales practices at its Community bank. The inquiry was conducted by a four-director committee. There were at least 100 interviews and searched over 35 million documents. The committee found that it was the distortion the Community Bank’s sales culture, as well as, performance management system.
- Swift Transportation Co (NYSE:SWFT) is trading significantly higher in pre-market after the company agreed to be merged with Knight Transportation (NYSE:KNX) through an all-stock transaction. Once the transaction is completed, Swift shareholders will have a stake of about 54 percent and the rest by Knight shareholders. New company will be christened Knight-Swift Transportation Holdings Inc. and will trade under KNX symbol.
- Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) revealed that two of its executives, i.e. Chief Talent Officer and Chief Product Officer, are leaving the organization.