There are at least five companies stock that is worth monitoring on Thursday. They are: eBay Inc (NASDAQ:EBAY), American Express Company (NYSE:AXP), CSX Corporation (NASDAQ:CSX), Select Comfort Corp. (NASDAQ:SCSS) and QUALCOMM, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM).
- eBay Inc (NASDAQ:EBAY) delivered earnings of 49 cents a share for the first quarter beating estimates by a penny. Similarly, its revenue of $2.22 billion, which grew 3.7 percent from the previous year period, came in above the expectations of $2.21 billion. However, the company’s forecast for second quarter disappointed investors. The company guided adjusted EPS between 43 and 45 cents a share on revenue of $2.28 – $2.32 billion. Analysts are looking for an EPS of 47 cents and $2.32 billion revenue. Similarly, for the year 2017, the online auctioneer guided adjusted EPS to be $1.93 – $2.02 on revenue of $9.3 – $9.5 billion. Analysts expect an EPS of $2.02 and revenue of $9.42 billion. Following this, the stock traded in the red in after-hours trading on Wednesday.
- American Express Company (NYSE:AXP) reported earnings of $1.34 a share for the first quarter that topped expectations of $1.28 a share. Similarly, its revenue of $7.9 billion topped estimates of $7.75 billion. The company’s provision for losses jumped 30 percent to $208 million due to write-offs and increase in delinquencies. On Wednesday, the stock traded up 2.32 percent in extended hours trading.
- CSX Corporation (NASDAQ:CSX) revealed earnings of 51 cents a share that came in above expectations by eight cents a share. Similarly, its revenue advanced 9.5 percent to $2.87 billion and topped estimates of $2.76 billion. Following this, the stock advanced 2.71 percent in after-hours trading on Wednesday.
- Select Comfort Corp. (NASDAQ:SCSS) announced an EPS of $0.56 for the first quarter on revenue of $393.9 million, which increased 11.6 percent from the previous year period. Analysts predicted the company to deliver an EPS of $0.44 and revenue of $370.2 million. Going forward, the company boosted its EPS outlook to $1.25 – $1.50 for full year 2017 from $1.20 – $1.40. Analysts are looking for an EPS of $1.31.
- QUALCOMM, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM) delivered an EPS of $1.34 a share on revenue of $6 billion for the second quarter exceeding the Street analysts’ estimates of $1.20 a share and $5.89 billion revenue. Going forward, the company sees its adjusted EPS between $0.90 and $1.15 on revenue fall of 12 percent to an increase of one percent. Street is looking for an EPS of $1.09 and revenue of $5.94 billion.