Ovintiv stock has undergone multiple analysts rating changes in the recent past. Ovintiv Upgraded by BMO Capital Markets on 6/29/2020. In a note to investors, the firm issued a new rating of Outperform. The analysts previously had rating of Market Perform.
Shares of Ovintiv traded up $0.07 on Monday, reaching $8.92. 2739855 shares of the stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 11423151. Shares of Ovintiv started the day on Monday at $8.92. The firm’s 50 day moving average is $7.67 and its 200 day moving average is $14.53.Ovintiv has a 12 month low of $8.71 and a 12 month high of $28.75. While on yearly highs and lows, Ovintiv’s today has traded high as $9.37 and has touched $8.71 on the downward trend. See More Analyst Rating at: RATING
Ovintiv Earnings and What to expect:
Ovintiv last issued its quarterly earnings results on May 7th, 2020. The reported $0.10 EPS for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.18 by $0.08. The firm had revenue of $2.64 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.58 billion. Ovintiv has generated $3.29 earnings per share over the last year and currently has a price-to-earnings ratio of 2.6. Ovintiv has not formally confirmed its next earnings publication date, but the company’s estimated earnings date is Wednesday, July 29th, 2020 based off prior year’s report dates.
Earnings for Ovintiv are expected to decrease in the coming year, from $0.60 to ($0.91) per share. The P/E ratio of Ovintiv is 2.64, which means that it is trading at a less expensive P/E ratio than the market average P/E ratio of about 16.03. The P/E ratio of Ovintiv is 2.64, which means that it is trading at a less expensive P/E ratio than the Oils/Energy sector average P/E ratio of about 9.15. Ovintiv has a PEG Ratio of 1.88. PEG Ratios above 1 indicate that a company could be overvalued. Ovintiv has a P/B Ratio of 0.23. P/B Ratios below 1 indicate that a company could be undervalued with respect to its assets and liabilities.
Latest Insiders Trading and Volume :
- Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.28%
- On 6/11/2020 CEO Douglas James Suttles Buy 2,000 at average share price of $8.51 which equates to $17,020.00 in money value.
- On 3/23/2020 CEO Douglas James Suttles Buy 5,000 at average price of $2.87 with total value of : Not Data Available
- On 3/19/2020 Director Howard John Mayson Buy 8,000 at average price of $2.75 with total value of : $22,000.00
Analyst at BMO Capital Markets are also talking about :
- 6/26/2020 – Ovintiv had its price target raised by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada from $6.50 to $11.00. They now have a “sector perform” rating on the stock.
- 6/24/2020 – Ovintiv had its price target raised by analysts at National Bank Financial from $7.00 to $14.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 6/19/2020 – Ovintiv had its price target raised by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc. from $7.00 to $12.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 6/19/2020 – Ovintiv was upgraded by analysts at Mizuho from an “underperform” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $12.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $5.00.
Ovintiv (NYSE:OVV) Moving Average Technical Analysis
5 day Moving Average is $9.48 And 5 day price change is -$1.69 (-16.14%) with average volume for 5 day average is 15,766,450. While technical analysis for average 20 days shows significant difference, 20 day moving average is $9.83 and 20 day price change is $0.39 (4.65%) and average 20 day moving volume is 12,358,247. 50 day moving average is $7.67 and 50 day price change is $4.74 ( 117.33%) and with average volume for 50 days is : 10,479,555. 200 day moving average is $14.53 and 200 day price change is -$14.62 (-62.48%) and with average volume for 200 days is : 7,216,421.
See More Analyst Rating at: RATING