Southwest Airlines stock has undergone multiple analysts rating changes in the recent past. Southwest Airlines Upgraded by Goldman Sachs Group Inc on 6/28/2020. In a note to investors, the firm issued a new rating of Buy. The analysts previously had rating of Sell.
Shares of Southwest Airlines traded up $2.02 on Monday, reaching $33.98. 8175101 shares of the stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 26923359. Shares of Southwest Airlines started the day on Monday at $33.98. The firm’s 50 day moving average is $31.47 and its 200 day moving average is $46.24.Southwest Airlines has a 12 month low of $32.33 and a 12 month high of $58.83. While on yearly highs and lows, Southwest Airlines’s today has traded high as $34.26 and has touched $32.33 on the downward trend. See More Analyst Rating at: RATING
Southwest Airlines Earnings and What to expect:
Southwest Airlines last posted its earnings data on April 28th, 2020. The airline reported ($0.15) earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of ($0.48) by $0.33. The business had revenue of $4.23 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $4.55 billion. Its quarterly revenue was down 17.8% on a year-over-year basis. Southwest Airlines has generated $4.27 earnings per share over the last year and currently has a price-to-earnings ratio of 9.9. Southwest Airlines has confirmed that its next quarterly earnings report will be published on Thursday, July 23rd, 2020. Southwest Airlines will be holding an earnings conference call on Thursday, July 23rd at 12:00 AM Eastern. Interested parties can register for or listen to the call using this link or dial in at Not Available.
Earnings for Southwest Airlines are expected to grow in the coming year, from ($4.80) to $1.85 per share. The P/E ratio of Southwest Airlines is 9.88, which means that it is trading at a less expensive P/E ratio than the market average P/E ratio of about 16.03. The P/E ratio of Southwest Airlines is 9.88, which means that it is trading at a less expensive P/E ratio than the Transportation sector average P/E ratio of about 12.90. Southwest Airlines has a P/B Ratio of 1.77. P/B Ratios below 3 indicates that a company is reasonably valued with respect to its assets and liabilities.
Latest Insiders Trading and Volume :
- Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.28%
- On 5/29/2020 EVP Andrew M Watterson Sell 8,275 at average share price of $31.85 which equates to $263,558.75 in money value.
- On 4/1/2020 Major Shareholder Berkshire Hathaway Inc Sell 1,076,267 at average price of $32.67 with total value of : Not Data Available
- On 12/12/2018 Director John T Montford Sell 980 at average price of $51.27 with total value of : $50,244.60
Analyst at Goldman Sachs Group Inc are also talking about :
- 6/22/2020 – Southwest Airlines had its price target lowered by analysts at Raymond James from $47.00 to $45.00. They now have a “strong-buy” rating on the stock.
- 6/17/2020 – Southwest Airlines is now covered by analysts at Seaport Global Securities. They set a “buy” rating and a $44.00 price target on the stock.
- 6/15/2020 – Southwest Airlines had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc from $32.00 to $38.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 6/12/2020 – Southwest Airlines was upgraded by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG from a “neutral” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $45.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $35.00.
Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV) Moving Average Technical Analysis
5 day Moving Average is $32.94 And 5 day price change is -$1.58 (-4.60%) with average volume for 5 day average is 15,752,625. While technical analysis for average 20 days shows significant difference, 20 day moving average is $35.52 and 20 day price change is -$0.84 (-2.50%) and average 20 day moving volume is 25,493,586. 50 day moving average is $31.47 and 50 day price change is $1.59 ( 5.10%) and with average volume for 50 days is : 27,849,422. 200 day moving average is $46.24 and 200 day price change is -$22.20 (-40.38%) and with average volume for 200 days is : 11,256,221.
See More Analyst Rating at: RATING