Stock analysts at JMP Securities initiated coverage on shares of Square (NYSE:SQ) in a report issued on Tuesday. The brokerage set a Market Perform rating on the Computer and Technology stock. A price-to-earnings ratio of 227.54 and a beta of 2.67. Square has a twelve month low $32.33 of and a twelve month high of $107.84.
Shares of Square traded up $1.26 on Tuesday, reaching $104.94. 7590487 shares of the stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 12181869. Shares of Square closed trading at $104.94 on Tuesday mid-day. The firm’s 50 day moving average is $$82.12 and its 200 day moving average is $69.02.Square has a 12 month low of $102.89 and a 12 month high of $107.84. While on yearly highs and lows, Square’s today has traded high as $105.30 and has touched $102.89 on the downward trend. See More Analyst Rating at: RATING
Square Earnings and What to expect:
Square last issued its earnings results on May 6th, 2020. The technology company reported ($0.02) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.13 by $0.15. The business had revenue of $1.38 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.30 billion. Its revenue for the quarter was up 44.0% compared to the same quarter last year. Square has generated $0.17 earnings per share over the last year and currently has a price-to-earnings ratio of 164.7. Square has not formally confirmed its next earnings publication date, but the company’s estimated earnings date is Thursday, August 6th, 2020 based off prior year’s report dates.
Earnings for Square are expected to grow in the coming year, from ($0.56) to $0.04 per share. The P/E ratio of Square is 164.29, which means that it is trading at a more expensive P/E ratio than the market average P/E ratio of about 16.26. The P/E ratio of Square is 164.29, which means that it is trading at a more expensive P/E ratio than the Computer and Technology sector average P/E ratio of about 41.87. Square has a P/B Ratio of 26.14. P/B Ratios above 3 indicate that a company could be overvalued with respect to its assets and liabilities.
Latest Insiders Trading and Volume :
- Insider Ownership Percentage: 19.90%
- On 6/19/2020 CAO Ajmere Dale Sell 2,000 at average share price of $100.00 which equates to $200,000.00 in money value.
- On 6/3/2020 CAO Ajmere Dale Sell 6,106 at average price of $90.78 with total value of : Not Data Available
- On 6/1/2020 Insider Sivan Whiteley Sell 3,983 at average price of $81.64 with total value of : $325,172.12
Analyt at JMP Securities other ratings :
Latest rating for Square by other brokers:
- 6/30/2020 – Tesla had its price target raised by analysts at JMP Securities from $1,001.00 to $1,050.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 6/30/2020 – Paypal is now covered by analysts at JMP Securities. They set an “outperform” rating and a $195.00 price target on the stock.
- 6/29/2020 – ZoomInfo Technologies is now covered by analysts at JMP Securities. They set a “market perform” rating on the stock.
- 6/26/2020 – BioCryst Pharmaceuticals had its price target raised by analysts at JMP Securities from $10.00 to $11.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
Square (NYSE:SQ) Moving Average Technical Analysis
5 day Moving Average is $103.49 And 5 day price change is -$0.92 (-0.88%) with average volume for 5 day average is 11,682,668. While technical analysis for average 20 days shows significant difference, 20 day moving average is $95.95 and 20 day price change is $15.83 (17.99%) and average 20 day moving volume is 12,221,792. 50 day moving average is $82.12 and 50 day price change is $42.77 ( 70.05%) and with average volume for 50 days is : 12,790,900. 200 day moving average is $69.02 and 200 day price change is $45.54 (78.13%) and with average volume for 200 days is : 11,138,518.
See More Analyst Rating at: RATING