Stepan stock has undergone multiple analysts rating changes in the recent past. Stepan Upgraded by Zacks Investment Research on 6/30/2020. In a note to investors, the firm issued a new rating of Hold. The analysts previously had rating of Sell.
Shares of Stepan traded up $1.10 on Tuesday, reaching $96.50. 16937 shares of the stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 96937. Shares of Stepan at mid-way on Tuesday were at $96.50. The firm’s 50 day moving average is $94.50 and its 200 day moving average is $95.68.Stepan has a 12 month low of $94.11 and a 12 month high of $105.87. While on yearly highs and lows, Stepan’s today has traded high as $96.50 and has touched $94.11 on the downward trend. See More Analyst Rating at: RATING
Stepan Earnings and What to expect:
Stepan last announced its quarterly earnings results on April 21st, 2020. The basic materials company reported $1.04 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $0.78 by $0.26. The business earned $449.90 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $448.67 million. Its quarterly revenue was down 8.0% compared to the same quarter last year. Stepan has generated $5.12 earnings per share over the last year and currently has a price-to-earnings ratio of 21.2. Stepan has confirmed that its next quarterly earnings report will be published on Wednesday, July 22nd, 2020. Stepan will be holding an earnings conference call on Wednesday, July 22nd at 12:00 AM Eastern. Interested parties can register for or listen to the call using this link or dial in at Not Available.
Earnings for Stepan are expected to grow by 24.38% in the coming year, from $4.43 to $5.51 per share. The P/E ratio of Stepan is 21.17, which means that it is trading at a more expensive P/E ratio than the market average P/E ratio of about 16.26. The P/E ratio of Stepan is 21.17, which means that it is trading at a less expensive P/E ratio than the Basic Materials sector average P/E ratio of about 25.59. Stepan has a P/B Ratio of 2.42. P/B Ratios below 3 indicates that a company is reasonably valued with respect to its assets and liabilities.
Latest Insiders Trading and Volume :
- Insider Ownership Percentage: 6.20%
- On 6/11/2020 VP Janet Anne Catlett Buy 1 at average share price of $95.86 which equates to $95.86 in money value.
- On 5/12/2020 VP Jason Scott Keiper Buy 275 at average price of $92.00 with total value of : Not Data Available
- On 5/8/2020 Director Edward J. Wehmer Sell 1,183 at average price of $93.43 with total value of : $110,527.69
Analyst at Zacks Investment Research are also talking about :
- 6/24/2020 – Stepan was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 6/18/2020 – Stepan had its price target raised by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from $109.00 to $113.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 5/15/2020 – Stepan had its price target lowered by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a “market perform” rating on the stock.
- 4/29/2020 – Stepan was upgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “c+” rating to a “b-” rating.
Stepan (NYSE:SCL) Moving Average Technical Analysis
5 day Moving Average is $92.04 And 5 day price change is $3.14 (3.42%) with average volume for 5 day average is 109,650. While technical analysis for average 20 days shows significant difference, 20 day moving average is $95.56 and 20 day price change is -$3.71 (-3.76%) and average 20 day moving volume is 94,352. 50 day moving average is $94.50 and 50 day price change is $3.74 ( 4.10%) and with average volume for 50 days is : 109,377. 200 day moving average is $95.68 and 200 day price change is -$3.84 (-3.88%) and with average volume for 200 days is : 102,295.
See More Analyst Rating at: RATING