Stepan stock has undergone multiple analysts rating changes in the recent past. Stepan Upgraded by Zacks Investment Research on 7/25/2020. In a note to investors, the firm issued a new rating of Hold. The analysts previously had rating of Sell.
Shares of Stepan traded up $0.08 on Friday, reaching $108.48. 0 shares of the stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 94008. Shares of Stepan were trading at $108.48 on Friday. The firm’s 50 day moving average is $96.53 and its 200 day moving average is $95.93.Stepan has a 12 month low of $107.04 and a 12 month high of $109.98. While on yearly highs and lows, Stepan’s today has traded high as $109.47 and has touched $107.04 on the downward trend. See More Analyst Rating at: RATING
Stepan Earnings and What to expect:
Stepan last issued its quarterly earnings results on July 22nd, 2020. The basic materials company reported $1.65 EPS for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.20 by $0.45. The business earned $460.55 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $437.50 million. Stepan has generated $5.12 earnings per share over the last year and currently has a price-to-earnings ratio of 22.7. Stepan has not formally confirmed its next earnings publication date, but the company’s estimated earnings date is Wednesday, October 28th, 2020 based off prior year’s report dates.
Earnings for Stepan are expected to grow by 18.46% in the coming year, from $5.20 to $6.16 per share. The P/E ratio of Stepan is 22.69, which means that it is trading at a more expensive P/E ratio than the market average P/E ratio of about 16.00. The P/E ratio of Stepan is 22.69, which means that it is trading at a less expensive P/E ratio than the Basic Materials sector average P/E ratio of about 27.07. Stepan has a P/B Ratio of 2.71. P/B Ratios below 3 indicates that a company is reasonably valued with respect to its assets and liabilities.
Latest Insiders Trading and Volume :
- Insider Ownership Percentage: 6.20%
- On 6/11/2020 VP Janet Anne Catlett Buy 1 at average share price of $95.86 which equates to $95.86 in money value.
- On 5/12/2020 VP Jason Scott Keiper Buy 275 at average price of $92.00 with total value of : $25,300.00
- On 5/8/2020 Director Edward J. Wehmer Sell 1,183 at average price of $93.43 with total value of : $110,527.69
Other owners latest trading in Stepan :
- On 7/24/2020 shares held by Dupont Capital Management Corp were 2,539 which equates to market value of $0.25M and appx 0.00% owners of Stepan
- On 7/23/2020 shares held by Strs Ohio were 9,600 which equates to market value of $0.93M and appx 0.00% owners of Stepan
- On 7/23/2020 shares held by Creative Financial Designs Inc. ADV were 942 which equates to market value of $91K and appx 0.00% owners of Stepan
- In total Institutional ownership equates to Institutional Ownership Percentage: 74.90% for Stepan
Analyst at Zacks Investment Research are also talking about :
- 6/30/2020 – Stepan was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 6/24/2020 – Stepan was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 6/18/2020 – Stepan had its price target raised by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from $109.00 to $113.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 5/15/2020 – Stepan had its price target lowered by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a “market perform” rating on the stock.
Stepan (NYSE:SCL) Moving Average Technical Analysis
5 day Moving Average is $104.46 And 5 day price change is $8.65 (8.66%) with average volume for 5 day average is 104,900. While technical analysis for average 20 days shows significant difference, 20 day moving average is $97.96 and 20 day price change is $17.23 (18.88%) and average 20 day moving volume is 94,875. 50 day moving average is $96.53 and 50 day price change is $19.81 ( 22.34%) and with average volume for 50 days is : 98,118. 200 day moving average is $95.93 and 200 day price change is $14.94 (15.97%) and with average volume for 200 days is : 102,204.
See More Analyst Rating at: RATING