There are at least seven companies shares that are worth watching on Wednesday. That included Lam Research Corporation (NASDAQ:LRCX), Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO), Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc (NASDAQ:RARE), Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI) and Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISRG).
- Lam Research Corporation (NASDAQ:LRCX) reported earnings of $2.80 a share for the first quarter that topped expectations by 25 cents. Similarly, its revenue, which jumped 64.1 percent on a year-over-year basis to $2.15 billion, came in above estimates of $2.13 billion. Going forward, the company expects to deliver adjusted EPS of $3.00 in the second quarter, which is well ahead of the analysts’ expectations of $2.65 a share.
- Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO) delivered earnings of 18 cents a share for the first quarter beating expectations of 14 cents a share. Similarly, its revenue of $1.33 billion, which jumped 22 percent from the previous year period, came in above estimates by $100 million. The company expects the acquisition by Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ) to close in June.
- Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc (NASDAQ:RARE) revealed that its phase three trial of burosumab in adults with X-linked hypophosphatemia has met primary endpoint of serum phosphorus response. The trial also met key secondary endpoint of stiffness improvement. The company claimed that 94 percent of patients achieved normal levels compared to eight percent on placebo. Following the positive news, the stock jumped 18.92 percent in after-hours trading on Tuesday.
- Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI) reported earnings of 36 cents a share for March quarter that failed to meet expectations of 42 cents a share. Similarly, its revenue of $340 million, which dropped 30 percent from the year-ago period, fell short of estimates of $350.57 million. The company announced its decision to buy $6.9 billion education loan portfolio from JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM).
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISRG) delivered earnings of $5.09 a share for March quarter that came in above expectations by 16 cents. Similarly, its revenue of $674.2 million, which advanced 13.4 percent, came in above estimates of $670.18 million. Following this, the stock traded up 3.87 percent on Tuesday’s after-hours trading.
- Nivalis Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:NVLS) could be in limelight on Wednesday as the company agreed to be merged with Alpine Immune Sciences through an all-stock agreement. The stock jumped 21.21 percent in extended hours trading on Tuesday following the news.
- International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM) delivered earnings of $2.38 a share for the first quarter that came ahead of estimates of $2.35 a share. However, its revenue of $18.16 billion fell short of expectations of $18.39 billion. Moving ahead, the company maintained its full year EPS outlook of $13.80, which is ahead of the Street predictions of $13.78 a share.