There are at least five stocks to be watched on Thursday. They are Tesla Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA), BB&T Corporation (NYSE:BBT), Bank of New York Mellon Corp (NYSE:BK), ABB Ltd (ADR) (NYSE:ABB), and Imax Corp (USA) (NYSE:IMAX).
- Tesla Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA): Three consumers have filed a lawsuit alleging safety issues due to its autopilot operation in an erratic, as well as, dangerous manner causing concerns to vehicle owners. However, the company termed the suit as ‘disingenuous.’ Consumers have also alleged that the promised updates were not provided to them.
- BB&T Corporation (NYSE:BBT) delivered an EPS of 74 cents for first quarter that topped estimates by a penny. Similarly, its revenue of $2.82 billion that advanced 9.3 percent came in above expectations by $40 million. Its nonperforming loans fell $13 million representing 0.51 percent of loans.
- Bank of New York Mellon Corp (NYSE:BK) reported an EPS of 83 cents for the first quarter that was above the Street expectations of 80 cents. Similarly, the company’s revenue grew 2.7 percent to $3.84 billion and topped estimates of $3.83 billion. The company returned close to $1.1 billion by way of share buybacks and dividends. Return on its common equity is 10 percent.
- ABB Ltd (ADR) (NYSE:ABB) delivered earnings of 28 cents a share for first quarter exceeding estimates of 25 cents a share. Its revenue slackened 0.6 percent to $7.85 billion though it came above expectations by $130 million. The company sees 2017 to be a transitional year citing geopolitical tensions and Brexit in Europe besides oil prices and currency impact.
- Imax Corp (USA) (NYSE:IMAX) reported earnings of six cents a share for the first quarter exceeding estimates of four cents a share. However, its revenue of $68.88 million fell shy of expectations by $2.72 million.