Skechers USA Inc (NYSE:SKX), Proofpoint Inc (NASDAQ:PFPT), CAI International Inc (NYSE:CAI), NCR Corporation (NYSE:NCR) and Applied Optoelectronics Inc (NASDAQ:AAOI) shares are worth monitoring on Friday. Investors would be reacting to either positive or negative news concerning these companies.
- Skechers USA Inc (NYSE:SKX) revealed earnings of 60 cents a share for first quarter beating expectations of 54 cents a share. Similarly, its revenue of $1.07 billion, which advanced 9.3 percent from the preceding year period, also topped estimates of $1.06 billion. Going forward, the company guided its EPS to be 42 – 47 cents on revenue of $950 – $975 million for the second quarter. Analysts are looking for an EPS of 47 cents and revenue of $962.17 million. Following this, the stock traded volatile on Thursday’s extended hours trading.
- Proofpoint Inc (NASDAQ:PFPT) delivered earnings of 12 cents a share for first quarter whereas analysts estimated nine cents a share. Its revenue jumped 43.4 percent to $113.3 million and came in above expectations of $110.58 million. Going forward, the company expects its adjusted EPS to be 11 – 13 cents on revenue of $141 – $143 million revenue for the second quarter. This is better than the analysts’ expectations of 11 cents a share on revenue of $118.02 million. Following the upbeat outlook, the stock jumped 9.23 percent in after-hours trading on Thursday.
- CAI International Inc (NYSE:CAI) revealed an EPS of 27 cents for the fourth quarter beating expectations of 13 cents a share. Similarly, its revenue increased 21.7 percent to $81.5 million to exceed $78.69 million estimated by analysts. Following this, the stock jumped 14.5 percent in extended hours trading on Thursday.
- NCR Corporation (NYSE:NCR) shares suffered a drop of 2.22 percent in after-hours trading on Thursday despite boosting full year adjusted EPS outlook after delivering beat results. The company offered adjusted EPS outlook of $3.32 – $3.42 on revenue of $6.63 – $6.75 billion for full year compared to its earlier forecast of $3.27 – $3.37 on revenue of $6.60 – $6.72 billion. Analysts are looking for an EPS of $3.31 and revenue of $6.68 billion. For the first quarter, its EPS of 56 cents on revenue of $1.48 billion exceeded analysts’ predictions of 46 cents a share on revenue of $1.46 billion.
- Applied Optoelectronics Inc (NASDAQ:AAOI) is added to the S&P SmallCap 600 replacing Adeptus Health Inc (NYSE:ADPT) with effect from April 25 after the latter filed for bankruptcy protection under Chapter 11. The stock gained 2.69 percent on Thursday’s after-market trading.